The next generation iPad is just few hours away from making itself official to be iPad 2S, iPad 3, iPad HD or to whatever moniker it would be out on the overwhelming tablet market. Along with this unveiling sure comes tons of rumors ushering the next iPad generation on its official launch, that’s why we have compiled some of the most notable features expected to be tailored on the newest version of Apple’s magical slate. Learn more after the break.
According to report of The Mac Herald, here are the details of the rumored specs:
- Processor: Initial reports claim that the next iPad will boast a quad-core A6 chip. But others claim that it will be a dual-core A5X chipset. It’s supposed to have a more powerful GPU.
- Display: It’s almost certain that the new iPad will have a screen having better resolution than its predecessor. It is said to flaunt a 2048 x 1536 Retina Display.
- Memory: RAM will be upgraded to 1GB from 512MB.
- Software: iOS 6.0 and a new version of a web browser. Siri on board.
- Hardware: The new iPad is said to be thicker to accommodate the larger battery. A camera upgrade is also expected.
- Connectivity: It is rumored to be LTE capable. It’s supposed to have two versions, one for AT&T network and another for Verizon network. There’s also word on an international model with CDMA/3G similar to the radio chipset on iPhone 4S.
We would love to have the Retina Display and faster A6/A5X processor to make it on the stage of the Apple event, so let us know what are your picks.